Thursday 2 September 2010

Breaking Things One New Habit At A Time

So I was chatting with Vikki the other day and she said she'd read in a book(thanks Mum, I will read it myself at some point) that it takes 21 days to form a habit... This as is my bent got me thinking. And thus I have set myself a challenge. Every month for the next year I am going to try and create a new habit. So come September 2011 I will have (hopefully) 12 new good habits.

Yesterday being the 1st of September I started day 1 of reading the bible in a year. This is my first habit - reading the bible every day.

I have a few ideas for some of the other habits; Working on the novel, jogging etc. But plenty of scope for thinking about new ones. If anyone has any amusing, sensible, serious, out there or in there suggestions feel free.

1 comment:

  1. Learn a complicated song every month. Like, not Avril Lavigne complicated, but... y'know, a good one.

    ReplyDelete