Monday 6 December 2010

Pessimism and the eternal optimist

I find this horrible dichotomy rearing up in me again, my immediate response to hearing something not good is that it's my fault. That being the pessimist and then the eternal optimist appears... I believe that God is interested in people and that when we pray he does act. Someone much cleverer than I said something about the strangeness of God wanting to work with humanity through prayer and communion. I have seen small 'miracles' and things happen which cannot be explained except that God answers the prayers of his people. I can't escape the feeling that there is more to life than just the here and now, as a wiseman once said 'eternity is on our hearts'.

So here I am a cross between a pessimist and an eternal optimist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment