Wednesday 2 May 2012

The Joy Of The Retweet

Tis a strange ole world that we live in here in the 21st century. Methods of communication have become so diverse and intrinsically linked with the way in which we operate as human beings.

Last night on my way to play football, or soccer if you are so inclined, I tweeted that I was listening to an album by one of my favourite bands!

This morning I awoke to a message on my phone saying Project 86 has retweeted you.

Now I was very sleepy at the time but this little piece of 'news' made me very happy. But the question I find myself asking a few hours on is why? Why does a retweet bring such joy?

Affirmation? The craving of acceptance? Recognition, even if fleeting, from someone I admire? A deep seated void in my soul?

Hopefully it is not a reflection of the profound need to be loved. I say this because firstly I believe that need can really only be satisfied by God and secondly as a very happily* married man it would reflect poorly on that relationship.

I think I'll pencil it down to "I love this band and they showed a bit of love back" and that is a good thing!

Tomorrow though when I wake up, I shall try and interact with the two who love me unconditionally first before I find my acceptance in Twitter. And I might also ponder how I can communicate and interact with the world in more positive ways. Whether that's less time on brightly lit screens or being more positive on them.

* understatement


No comments:

Post a Comment