Wednesday 23 November 2011

Ponderings

Started reading Mere Christianity today. Mr Lewis is a very clever man.

Having read the first chapter it got me thinking about the way in which we(I) as a human being treat others. The premise of the first chapter; and forgive my poor attempt at a summary but here goes, was that mankind has an understanding of right and wrong, a morality if you will. And the justification for this premise is the human reaction when an individual is wronged or does something that upsets someone else and they attempt to justify their behaviour. The actions and justifications show that in general people feel there is right and wrong and act upon this.

Reading Facebook today I wondered how the world might be a better place if people thought for a moment about how they treat others and how they would like to be treated and the differences between those two points...

And in diet world... Not going so well. I think I may like chocolate more than I originally thought.

Further thoughts; I miss my wife when she is not around, nothing new there I know. What I have also realised is that I'm a better person when she's around and I eat an awful lot less chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment