Wednesday 11 January 2012

Patience is (usually) Rewarded

I say usually because I really am hoping being patient right now is gonna pay off! I have a massive hankering for chocolate/any sort of snack. I'm hoping that if I patiently chew gum and drink tea this desire will be beaten and I will hold out for dinner.

Yesterday, playing footie for the first time in many weeks I was handily given a lesson in patience. As I carried round my 'extra timber' and spent the opening exchanges of our 7 aside game in defence/goal I wondered if it was going to be a frustrating and annoying evening. However, I remained patient and didn't get too annoyed and ended up scoring a hattrick and setting up a fair few for others. Turned out to be a good return to footie. *note to self - be patient and don't give up!

I ache a bit today but not as badly as I had envisioned either, which is good!

This morning I got a text from a dear dear friend and I thought I'd share it cos it made me smile!

  'Seeing as I've now got a commute to use, I figure I'll reverse the polarity and send you an early morning text. Unfortunately, the bible verses I read this morning were about millstones and the end of the world. So, in lieu of that, a line from a children's song: God loves you and I love you and that's the way it should be. AMEN! Have a cracking Wednesday.'

No comments:

Post a Comment