Tuesday 17 April 2012

More Grace Than I Deserve?

My wife has become a sounding board for my more stupid "things". This has led to a decrease in stupid "things" making their way onto t'internet etc. It also means that she bears the brunt of my stupidity and saves the world from a fair chunk of it.

At times it is amusing, other times it is sad and no doubt frustrating for her. Through it all I am amazed at her kindness and compassion towards me. She has made me a better person and as in her profession she has taught me many things.

Case in point when I wanted to rant about someone complaining about a by-product of the very thing they've been wanting for ages she rightly nudged me towards silence! Time and place and a whole heap of grace.

All this grace reminds me how blessed I am, how generous our God is. How I really should complain a lot less and help a lot more. We have been shown grace so we can show grace to others.

As my good friend pulled me up short this morning; my journey to work was troublesome and wet but instead of using the time productively I wasted it... If only he'd text me an hour earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment