Tuesday 27 July 2010

Death and New Life

So, and I confess to realising that a considerable portion of my blog writing begins with So but it works ok! So at the weekend; barely 2 months after "turning Anglican", I led worship at the evening service of St Maggies for the first time.

There are all sorts of things I could say and yet they feel inappropriate. At the end of the day we are talking about worship of the Almighty and "I think it went well", "it was (too) loud", "the musicians played well" and "I think I had fun" seems somewhat insincere. I still do not know if the time is right to say "yes I want to lead worship on a regular basis" - more prayer and consideration needed there. But Sunday was a good day and I was reminded of how good our God is.

Sadly Sunday also saw my long suffering Marshall take a turn for the worse. 1 hour before the service he fell into what is probably a terminal coma... 9 years old. We see what happens.

And thanks to Dave (thattheologystudent.blogspot.com) for my birthday present, it may be over two months late but it most certainly looks like it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment