Tuesday 13 December 2011

Ramblings about Hard Times and Good Intentions

A very dear friend blogged recently about some of their recent travails. I found the blog to be challenging, inspiring and sad... I also read an interesting article relating to Tim Tebow which also challenged me http://t.co/Qg9bGbwN

Both of these got me thinking about how open I am, about how I share my faith, how I interact with the world around me, about how I care for my brothers and sisters.

I love my parents so much, they aren't afraid to ask 'awkward' questions which really when I think about it aren't awkward at all. They are concerned for my spiritual wellbeing, so they do what they can. I want to be a bit more like that. I want a bit more Jesus in my conversation, otherwise what is the point of all this? Hiding 'my' light under a proverbial bushel!

I also want to be more prayerful and a bit more encouraging.

So if I ask you a seemingly awkward question my apologies. And if I'm not being very encouraging or gracious feel free to point this out to me. The road to ruin is paved with the good intentions of many a man, however without good intentions there isn't the possibility of doing good. It is my utmost desire to make the most of these good intentions and hopefully 'ruin' will be but a long lost memory.

And darling if you're reading this I've put some washing on and will do the washing up this evening as promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment