Monday 20 February 2012

All Things Work Together

Saturday night I woke up at 3am ish finding it difficult to breathe and in a considerable amount of pain.

My amazing wife, who usually sleeps like a log woke up too. And provided some comfort while I was in discomfort. After my body had calmed down a bit and we were back in bed we attempted to get some sleep. A tad difficult to say the least as I realised I couldn't lie on my side, which is how I sleep!

A few prayers, painkillers, massages and hot baths later and it is Monday morning. The back is still not ready for work as up until this point I haven't been able to sit without pain or the ability to take a deep breath! So I am stuck at home... what to do... watch tv... so I pick up the guitar. Found some lyrics I had written a few weeks ago. 2 hours later a new song is completed. 1 hour later I've recorded it and emailed it too my band mates Dave and Will. Good times.

This is the first song I have written since last year when I composed a song for my dear brother's wedding.

I was reminded that all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord. My back is slowly on the mend and am hopeful I might make it to work tomorrow. But if I hadn't been stuck with nothing to do and a lot of time to "kill" I would never have written this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment