Tuesday 14 February 2012

Too Harsh On Myself?

Yesterday I had the final part of my yearly review. In it my boss gave me my grading for the year.

I was pleasantly surprised in some respects as to how well it went and how complimentary she was. Once again she picked up on my 'unwillingness' to sell myself. Which got me thinking about how often I do under sell myself.

Now part of that is me not wanting to be a douchebag and so ridiculously self absorbed but at times it means that I undervalue me. And that is not being humble. Humility is knowing ones worth in God's eyes and treating other people with respect, deference and love.

So maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on myself and actually be a lil bit more outspoken about the good things I've done.

Next weigh in is on Monday. Last night we went out for dinner for a dear friend's birthday. I had a sandwich, ate a salad and shared a pudding with my delightful wife. If this isn't progress I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment