Saturday 1 September 2012

Lazy Boy

My beautiful wife pointed out to me that it has been quite a while since I blogged... Therefore this blog is dedicated to her. Even more so because it's the weekend and she's stuck at work. Teaching eh, it's not all holidays!

While she is out, I am on the sofa watching the Paralympics. I've seen 4 world records already this morning, which has literally left me in tears every time. Whatever anyone says or thinks, these athletes are out of this world and such an inspiration.

So what have I been upto the last couple of months, a very condensed update:
Promotion at work, am now managing a new team which is a great opportunity.
Went camping in Shepton Mallet at Soul Survivor festival with the young people from the youth work wifey does - great time, encouraging, fun, muddy, sunny, inspiring.
At Soul Survivor finally broke my duck of getting knocked out the first round of the 5 aside football tournament - managed in wellys to boot! (we got knocked out in the next round, but hey!)
Band has been a little bit quiet, but hopefully will be sending the demo off to gig venues very soon.
Had two weddings over the summer, was so nice being there, two completely different days but the overwhelming sense of love and community was wonderful.
Friends, food and neverending washing up!


Anyways, time for this lazy boy to  get off the sofa and do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment