Tuesday 4 September 2012

What Am I Known For...

I read a tweet earlier today which got me thinking; aforementioned tweet basically was saying that shouldn't Christians be known for the positive things they stand for as opposed to everything they are against. The later being the pervading world view - Christians are against x, y and most definitely z.

That got me thinking, what am I known for?

Do people know I am Christian?

If so, is it because of my Christlikeness or because I said something?

And either way, am I a positive influence, friend, colleague etc?

In some ways it is possible to answer these questions and in other respects impossible, there are a myriad of different reasons for the way people react to oneself and sometimes it has nothing to do with what you are like as a person or how you behave.

Anyways, like I said it got me thinking, and I want to be known as a follower of Christ, not because of what I am against but because of what I stand for. Love, justice, truth, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment