Friday 7 October 2011

Barry White, The Munchkin and Silence

I woke up on Monday morning with a sore throat. My colleagues decided that the I'd obviously been on the sauce over the weekend, which strictly speaking wasn't incorrect but I suspect was only one of many contributing factors. So for 3 days I sounded like Barry White; now this is not necessarily a bad thing, in fact sometimes this is a good thing. However disaster struck on Thursday morn.

Now for the unknowing - my wife's alarm goes off first and she leaves before I get up (no surprises there really!). However I usually am vaguely awake enough to say hello and a few other sweet words. This Thursday morning though Barry had disappeared, infact he had shrivelled down into a munchkin. The husky voice had turned into a squeek. The walrus of love was no more. Sadly the munchkin's existance lasted for about an hour and then croaked.

Silence...

Not good.

By the time my dear wife returned home a pale imitation of Barry had reappeared. So as I sit on the sofa this Friday morning, all wrapped up with the jewellary channel on tv and church bells echoing through Hayes spare a thought for all the poor saps who are stuck at home having to watch daytime television. If anything was designed to make you feel worse about yourself and rush back to work this does!

In other news I must confess that in a moment of trying to make myself feel better I ate chocolate. 300 grams of Galaxy chocolate. It definitely made me feel better. And it probably hasn't negatively impacted the diet too much because I've hardly eaten a thing so it probably was a good aid!

No comments:

Post a Comment