Monday 31 October 2011

Death To Self While Feeling Like Death

So last night's sermon coupled with the John Stott book I've been reading served to remind me about the Jesus principle of death to self.

Now the reasons for this; explained by many and at great length far better than I, however in brief summary are... For the greater glory of God, the greater blessing of his presence and the greater blessing of more fruit/chocolate/other good things.

So this morning I put the principle of death to self to work. I woke up with a headache having not slept at all well. I then put to death the feeling like death and got up and went to work. 3 teas, 2 ibuprofen, 1 coffee, 1 orange juice, some fruit(apple and grapes), a small(ish) toblerone and an 'all day breakfast' sandwich later coupled with a smattering of prayer and I am hanging on in there. Hopefully the principle is at work while being at work.

I must confess I am hoping for some presents and fruit later. In the meantime I've got data everywhere.

In other good news, despite a very bad week for the diet I have not gained any weight. I am still 13 and 2 lil bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment