Tuesday 8 May 2012

Dumbledore, A Boring Blog and Taking Out A Mate

So I aged over the weekend.

And the way I feel now on Monday, no wait Tuesday morning I feel it.

I'm now 32, it's not 35 mind you*.

All in all I had a pretty fabulous weekend, as I look back on it I realise how blessed I am. Friday night with the wife, a movie and a romantic maccy ds.

Saturday taking my guitar to Denmark Street to get fixed (tres expensive but will be worth it - thank you wifey and MIL). Followed by watching the FA cup final in a pub in London with some chair crashing moments* and then seeing the amazing Demon Hunter.

My birthday with breakfast and treats in bed. We then travelled to a small town near Cambridge to spend 24 hours eating, drinking and playing games - uno, poker, power grid, who's in the bag. "LORD OF THE RINGS"... "Dumbledore?"*.

No!

And Monday was celebrating my lil bro's bday, some footie and food and good company.

The first half of the game I managed to miscontrol and pass the ball twice, chop my mate in half when he was clear on goal (not proud of that) and then I scored - right foot, BANG (shot nearly broke the goalies wrist, not proud of that either).

Went on to play much better and score a perfect hatrick, diving header (amazing!) and a left foot tap in after a lovely little passing move through the defence and round the keeper. Feeling the effects of playing on grass in trainers. Aching.

Seeing family and friends, such a joy. So thanks to one and all for being a part of it and making this weekend what it was.

And here ends my boring blog which currently is not monetised!*

* = in joke (sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment