Tuesday 29 May 2012

Selfishness and The Complainer

I'm currently sitting in my usual seat, on my usual train, going to the place where I work. The sun is shining, it is warm, it is by all accounts another beautiful day. I'm wearing nice clothes, a lovely new tie my brother and sister in law bought me for my birthday(reminds me of my ole school tie).

I live in a wonderful apartment, have plenty of food on my plate, water, beer and wine to drink.

I've been married for nearly 14 months to a woman who is both beautiful and kind. Loving and intelligent. She drives me places, puts up with all my stuff cluttering up her place. She is patient with my idiosyncrasies, and doesn't get too mad with my emotional ups and downs.

And against this back drop of supreme blessing I am selfish, my words are lacking in grace and full of complaint.

As ever she is a fountain of sensible thought and suggested I make a list of things I want to change;
So...
Instead of gossiping, pray.
Instead of overthinking, act.
Instead of complaining, do something.
Instead of sitting on my behind, be creative.
And finally do more stuff for my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment