Thursday 2 May 2013

Saying No To Football?!

So some dear friends are playing in a football tournament on Monday. Ignoring the fact it is my birthday for one second, I find myself in the strange position of turning down the opportunity to join them and seek glory playing the beautiful game.

I've been trying to work out why I've said no and I have come to the conclusion that I it's because I'm embarrassed. Four years ago I was a relatively lithe eleven and a half stone. Decent touch,  not too slow,  willing to try outrageous things on a footie field which quite came off. I scored goals for fun and occasionally even passed the ball. Fast forward and I'm probably fourteen stone something, very unfit, no longer have the turn of pace to beat a man and in short am quite embarrassed by it all.

So I'm not playing cos I feel like I'll let the team down, let myself down and if I did play I'd actually need to go to bed at 5pm which is a problem when peeps are coming round for drinks at 7pm.

However it is not all doom and gloom. I am resolving that this time next year it will be a different story. Partly because I've got to get back into my tuxedo for a cruise this summer. And partly cost I'd like a few hurrahs still on astro turf covered pictures. A little bit of glory.

Chocolate be gone.
Laziness be gone.

Hello trainers and hello running.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you realise how much weight people put on during cruises...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... diet is needed and starts on Weds!

    ReplyDelete