Monday 15 March 2010

The Question Of Reality

So last night I watched a movie which got me thinking, I say it got me thinking, I thought for about thirty seconds and then switched the light off and went to bed. But anyway, in those brief seconds I contemplated the question of reality. The movie that sparked this was Gamer, which I can't decide if I'd recommend or not but that's another issue altogether.

So the movie dealt with issues of what is reality and what or who is in control amongst other things. Which kinda got me thinking of that big ole scary word predestination. About the dichtomy within our desires to be in control and to relinquish that control. About what exactly is real, what about consequences to the choices that we make, and take oh so lightly.

I like it when movies spark some debate, I like to discuss things. Unfortunately right now I have no one to talk to about it as I'm the only one who's seen the movie and my friends who I end up "debating" things with are a long long way away. Whether that be Chichester, London, Hayes or South Ruislip.

So instead I'm watching Scrubs while the cheese, bacon and pasta cooks in the oven and will shortly press on with some more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment