Thursday 5 November 2009

Lack Of Self Worth Leads To Nowhere Good

A number of my nearest and dearest have spent the last week telling me some truths about me, some of which are easier to hear than others. Amongst all of this I have come to a number of realisations about myself. In some ways I am hugely disappointed with myself, that at the age of 29 I am in so many ways immature and so far from where I could be. And the worst bit is how it negatively impacts the people I love the most.

Some of the aforementioned things are quite amusing; such as I should think less and act more (which is usually the opposite advice you give to blokes!). Some of it quite sad; knowing that at the core of my being I don't feel loved. Some borderline ridiculous but sadly true; having a faux martyr mentality.

To everyone who has had the courage to tell me my failings thank you, to everyone who has encouraged me even amidst my failings thank you, to everyone who has been there for me this hard and painful year, thank you. And for all those I have let down I hope that one day I can make it up to you, even though right now I am not sure how.

So yes it's all a bit weird at the mo, God knows exactly what to do now, and maybe I won't get to the bottom of it all this side of eternity, but I take solace in Philippians 1 v 6, that He will see the completion of the work he has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment