Tuesday 20 September 2011

Oh What A Martyr I Am

Not really...

Or perhaps maybe...

No, definitely not; although I do need to be careful that I don't turn into a broken record with my 'I'm not snacking between meals so I can't eat chocolate' schtick. I suspect that it might quickly become tres annoying to those nearest and dearest too me!

My darling wife amusingly said to me last night, 'ignore what I'm about to do'. This is quite difficult for me at the best of times, and in this instance I failed quite badly and stared at her with the gawky look of an awkward teenager meeting a supermodel in the flesh. Anyways, the long and short of it was that I ignored my wife's plea and engaged in the illicit activity of eating a single white chocolate coffee truffle thing.

I shall make amends this evening by attempting to run a little bit more at football. My brother in law; not inaccurately, suggested that us Thomas boys are not known for our defending. My father in law took it one step further and suggested I was a goal hanger.

They may have a legitimate claim, however as last week's game finished in a draw and I scored half my team's goals I thought it was probably an ok thing. And for the record the other Thomas brother is significantly better and fitter than me and probably defends better too. He certainly scores more goals at the moment - this may be down to the fact that my stomach is holding me back!

3 comments: