Tuesday 24 January 2012

Silence Falls but the Ninja is Strong

I just felt like having a ridiculous heading post. Although speaking of ninjas, my wife has the immune system of a ninja.

So the sore throat that I mentioned last week... it properly got worse. Friday morning my voice had disappeared and my throat felt like sandpaper. It was not good. I thought I'd be sensible. Rest up and be back up and running in no time! Oh no no no. I managed to make it to the wedding on Saturday, which in hindsight might not have been the most sensible idea I've ever come up with. I was left absolutely shattered. My beautiful wife wife ended up going to the reception without me as I curled up on the sofa and coughed up lumps of flem! Tasty, not! By Sunday evening the sandpaper throat had just about disappeared, the aching limbs subsided, the power of prayer and cake no doubt. Leaving behind just a common cold.

So now I am just sniffing, sneezing and occasionally grumpy, no wait that was a dwarf, I'm occasionally coughing. We are on the mend. Thank the good Lord. My wife, unaffected. like I said, ninja!

So during this time of resting I have mainly been watching House, season 6 which I got for Christmas. And there was this great line which in context was facetious but to me was an encouragement and challenge. "Behind all the God stuff... more God stuff". It got me thinking, I want to be like that. I want more of "Christ in me, the hope of glory" which reveals more God stuff and reveals more of who I actually am. Brain not quite working enough to go flesh that out any more.

Needless to say my wife has been amazing these last few days, putting up with a weak, coughing, sneezing, sniffly, boring husband. I love you wifey.

1 comment:

  1. Colds - no fun. By the way it's spelt phlegm. I don't often get to pick you up on your writing skills, just couldn't resist.

    Get better soon bro.

    ReplyDelete