Saturday 29 August 2009

Regret

Although the past few days have been beautiful in so many ways, my heart is troubled and my mind full of regret for my failure to act.

Maybe it should read;
Although my heart is troubled and my mind full of regret over my failures the past few days have been beautiful in so many ways.

Someone once said it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. One of my closest friends told me I think too much. I have loved, I have lost, I have thought too much and not acted and thus have lost and not loved in the past few days.

Don't let opportunity pass you by, don't live with regret, don't let your heart be burdened with such weights. Better to be rejected by people and loved by God than to have never stepped out.

So I sit here alone, knowing that this broken heart and mind that is full of regret is loved by God. And maybe one day I will look back and not with regret...

No comments:

Post a Comment