Wednesday 26 August 2009

Subject To Change

Realisation came home to me today that I really don't like change. Strangely not a lot has changed today, except for the loss of the beard. But maybe my facial hair is an apt metaphor for my dislike of change. I tend to shave relatively infrequently, usually because I'm lazy and perhaps because a bit of facial suits me.

As I have mentioned before two of my closest friends are moving away, and the thought of not seeing them as regularly as I have done fills me with great sadness. Worse still is the apprehension that they will meet new people and I'll get replaced, maybe not fully but slightly. And that's what scares me the most. So like my not shaving, I don't like things to change. I like my friends, I like knowing where they are and that I can see them AND yet things are always changing much like my facial hair which grows grows grows until I shave it off. Yet it is horribly selfish to not want good things and change for my friends. And this is what it feels like, I've just shaved, a fresh face, and a fresh start for my two friends.

So to my two friends I pray for greatness for you, I love you dearly, more than I have words to say. And I hope that I'm able to be a good friend in all of this, whatever that might be.

Onto slightly more upbeat matters, tomorrow I travel to Preston for a wedding. Am really looking forward to it. Love and marriage is a beautiful thing and I am honoured to be there for it and to play a small part - Usher! Goodness knows what this will involve, but I have a suit, white shirt, about to go and polish the shoes and tomorrow collect my teal tie!

No comments:

Post a Comment