Monday 5 October 2009

Inspiration? Lacking...

Sitting on my faded red sofa (ok, technically sitting on my landlord's faded red sofa) it occured to me that I'm not very good when I don't feel inspired. Case in point this evening is completely free, I have nothing to do as such. But more than likely now't much is going to happen as I am tired, feel uninspired and I'm rather lazy.

Creative writers, song writers, writer writers etc are fond of saying things like writing is 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration*. Which is fine and well when talking about song writing, I can do that fairly easily and have done so many times. But now that I am trying to write 100,000 words this becomes almost depressing! 5000 inspired words and 95,000 perspired words. Which considering my predisposition towards laziness doesn't fill me with happy thoughts.

However fear not, for it is not all doom and gloom. I have now written over 26k, so that's over a quarter of the story written and more ideas are beginning to come together. There are bits which feel like a proper story now!

And right now I am going to go and shave, have a shower, have a pray and ponder a few things. Hopefully this will put me into a better frame of mind for the rest of the week. And whether I create much more this week we'll wait and see.

* pick your own percentage breakdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment