Monday 21 December 2009

Come All You Weary This Christmas

These are the lyrics to a song called "Come All You Weary" by one of the truely amazing bands of our times, Thrice. I aspire to write lyrics and music that is so truely awesome.

However what struck me though is that at this time of year (Christmas for those who missed it!) this is what Crimbo is all about. Lil baby Jesus born into the world, to experience what we experience and then to carry all that we cannot, to pay the price for what we cannot pay. So that the grown up version of that lil baby can say "come to me all you who are weary and I will give you rest". Be inspired my friends and let that inspiration and light bless those around you.

Come all you weary with your heavy loads
Lay down your burdens find rest for your souls
Cause my yoke is easy and my burden is kind
I'll take yours upon me and you can take mine

Come all you weary move through the earth
Surrounded by rest stones and kicked out of church
A couple of loaves sit down at my feet
Lend me your ears and break bread with me

Come all you weary
Come gather round near me
Find rest for your souls

Come all you weary, crippled you lay
I'll help you along you can lay down your canes
We've got a long way to go but we'll travel as friends
The lights growing bright further on towards the end

No comments:

Post a Comment